At Standard Life we’re committed to providing you with the best experience possible.
We have recently updated some of our features to help make it easier for you to access your workplace pension administration platform whilst remaining safe online.
We understand you may have some questions around these changes, which we can hopefully answer within this help and support guide.
Updating your account
We’re adding some new security features to make it easier for you to manage your account, and as a result, you will be prompted to create a new username, password and set recovery details.
- Each account must have a unique email address and you shouldn't use a shared mailbox. If you have more than one account using the same email address, you can contact us to merge them. Alternatively, if you want to keep them separate, you’ll need to supply us with a unique email address for each scheme to be able to complete the account updates. You can set up either of these options by calling us on 0345 60 60 092*.
- It may be beneficial for your organisation to whitelist Standard Life to ensure our emails are not blocked against your company firewall. Emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this mailbox is not monitored.
- Accounts shouldn’t be shared across multiple users. If you login and are asked to update your account, but the name displayed is not you, you’ll need to register for your own unique account.
- If your name has recently legally changed or appears misspelt, please update accordingly when prompted. Once your account has been upgraded, any future name changes must be done by calling us on 0345 60 60 092.*
- When you are prompted to update your account, please complete the updates within 30 minutes of starting or you will need to log in again and may lose progress.
- If you don’t manage to complete all the updates, such as adding a recovery mobile, you can do this at any time by logging into your account and visiting 'My profile'.
- We support the last few versions of all major browsers. If you’re having trouble, try updating your browser. You can update your account using your mobile too, but the experience has been optimised for desktop use.
- You can manage multiple schemes from your account. Within 'My profile' you're able to request access, remove access and close your account.
- If you require access to additional sites within your scheme, you can call us on 0345 60 60 092*.
- It takes up to 3 working days for scheme administration access to be granted as it needs to be processed by Standard Life and approved by the registered authoriser on the scheme.
- The registered authoriser is normally the individual who set up the scheme and/or someone senior within the organisation who has overall responsibility for managing the workplace pension scheme.
- If you have do not have any schemes attached to your account to administer, your account will be closed within 14 days of the date you first registered. You will need to re-register for a new account after this date.
- If you’re unable to access your account, please try using our forgotten details service.
- If you have been presented with a message saying your account has been inactive for more than 15 months, you’ll need to register for a new account to regain access.
Keeping your account secure
- It is important to inform Standard Life immediately of any account closures to keep your data secure. If the user has already left, then the registered authoriser should contact us on 0345 60 60 092* to remove access. The registered authoriser is normally the person who set up the scheme and/or someone senior within the organisation who has overall responsibility for managing the workplace pension scheme. Account holders can close their own account in advance of leaving via the 'My profile' page whilst logged in.
- If you believe someone is fraudulently using your account, contact us immediately on 0345 60 60 092.*
- In order to comply with security best practice you shouldn’t share your login details with anyone, including your workplace colleagues.
- You can register multiple users to your pension scheme and each user must have their own unique login. If you need additional user access please register.
- We will never ask for your password or security questions over the phone, but we will ask questions to verify your identity.
- Get Safe online can provide you with free independent advice around keeping your account secure.
Keep your details updated
You can update your personal details by logging in and clicking on 'My profile'. Once you are within 'My profile' you can:
- Change your email address, username and password
- Reset account recovery details
- We can only support one-time-passcodes for UK registered mobiles, but you can update your personal security questions at any time
- Update your role and relationship for the scheme
- Request and cancel scheme access
- Close your account
How we use your data
The terms and conditions for our Workplace Pension Administration Platform have been updated as a result of this change. Click our new Terms and Conditions to view the changes.