The workplace pension scheme you choose is a major part of your employees’ benefits package.
So you need to select a provider who has the experience to support you and your employees long term.
Our promise to your business
Our ambition is to make a real difference to the well-being and future of your people and your business. That’s why we focus on the experience. Our solution doesn’t stand still, its keeps improving so that we can offer you the best workplace pension possible.
The experience you can expect
We’re committed to making it easy for you to run your workplace pension scheme and in turn make the most of your reward spend. With our online administration hub you can manage your pension scheme in one single secure environment. Making the day to day simple.
We can also offer a completely integrated solution that does everything you need, designing solutions to your specification. With Standard Life you and your employees don’t just get an award-winning workplace pension scheme. We can also provide flexible and voluntary benefits, employee engagement, investments and financial planning from 1825*.
An integrated approach to your reward strategy makes it much easier to make sense of your data, so you can spot risks and opportunities. You can do more for your people and do it more efficiently.
You can find out a bit more about an integrated solution and what we can offer you.
*'1825' is the brand for Standard Life Aberdeen group's UK financial planning and advice business.
The experience your employees can expect
It’s important that your employees understand the benefits of their workplace pension. It’s vital that they can find out more about it when they want to and their options in retirement. We’re committed to making this happen. That’s why we:
- Have an app and online dashboard, with secure messaging, that’s available 24 hours a day
- Have access to telephone support, 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday and
- Communicate with your employees about their pension - helping to support them as they save for the future.
We’re here to support and help members with their options throughout their retirement journey.
We want all members to feel informed and confident in the run up to their retirement.
That’s why they have access to:
- Communications that are tailored and relevant
- A number of handy online tools and calculators
- Retirement roadshows and webinars, for those aged 50 and over
- And will find lots of supportive material and information on our website too
We offer a full range of retirement options so when it comes to making that all important decision at retirement, members can:
- Decide how they want to access their money and do so online or over the phone
- And, if they’re still working, then depending on the type of plan they hold, members can access their pension benefits through our latest in-scheme drawdown functionality
- Anyone leaving some of their pension pot invested, can choose to invest in one of our “ready-made” investment options or self-select their investments from a wide range of options
- For any members who might have additional accessibility needs, you can rest assured we are fully equipped to deal with these too
Our support doesn’t stop there; we continue to offer guidance for members who leave some of their pension pot invested. Including:
- Encouraging them to regularly review their plan,
- Supporting members if they decide to take further withdrawals from their pension pots
- Encouraging members to use the online drawdown review tool and check their investments are still right for them
- And providing annual statements to help them keep track of their pension
Please remember, a pension is an investment and the value can go down as well as up, and members may get back less than paid in.
Good governance is vital for a well-run workplace pension scheme, and we know just how important it is to you too. That’s why there’s a robust governance framework built into all of our pension products.
We also carry out a number of different types of governance activity:
- We have independent experts who make sure our contract-based workplace pensions offer value for money. These people make up our independent governance committee.
- For our trust based pension, we have our Standard Life Master Trust Committee who work to protect the interests of scheme members.
- We examine everything we do, and strive to improve. This is done through our members outcome committee, treating customers fairly framework and investment solutions forum.